Last Updated on September 13, 2022 by Charlie Nash
Many people are looking for ways to lose weight that don’t involve starving themselves or spending hours at the gym. You may wonder can jumping on a trampoline help you lose weight. Do you like to have fun and stay in shape? If so, you’ll love jumping on a trampoline!
Trampoline jumping is a great way to get some cardio without leaving home. You can burn calories and lose weight by jumping on it. Trampolining is also low-impact, so it’s gentle on your joints, improves your cardiovascular health, and strengthens your bones.
This blog post discusses if trampolines are good for losing weight. We’ll also go through the benefits and exercises to carry out for weight loss on a trampoline. Keep reading to learn more!
Are Trampolines Effective for Weight Loss?
Trampolines are an excellent way to lose weight and exercise if you are overweight. They are also lower-impact, meaning they are gentle on your joints.
According to the research of the National Library of Medicine, trampoline exercises can help you lose weight, improve your cardiovascular fitness, and reduce your risk of developing obesity-related diseases such as heart disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes.
In one study, obese adults who did trampoline exercises for 16 weeks lost an average of 8.5% of their body weight, while those who did not exercise lost an average of 2.5%.
Can Jumping on A Trampoline Help You lose Weight?
Trampoline jumping is good for weight loss. For example, a 150-pound person can burn approximately 210 calories in 30 minutes of jumping on a trampoline. That’s the same as running at a 6-mph pace. But, of course, the more you weigh, the more calories you’ll burn.
Jumping on a trampoline is also a great way to get your heart rate up and improve your cardiovascular health. Just 30 minutes of jumping can help you burn calories, build muscle, and improve your heart health.
In addition to increasing your heart rate, jumping on a trampoline is great for improving cardiovascular function. Trampolining is considered a high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workout, one of the most effective types of exercise for weight loss.
HIIT workouts alternate between periods of high-intensity activity and low-intensity recovery. This type of workout is very efficient because you can get your heart rate up without having to do a lot of sustained cardio. This makes HIIT workouts ideal for people who are short on time.
The Best Exercises to Do on a Trampoline for Weight Loss
Is trampoline good for weight losss? Yes, trampolines are very effective in weight loss, here are some of the best exercises to do on a trampoline for weight loss:
1. Jumping jacks: Start by standing with your feet together and your arms at your sides. Next, jump up and spread your feet apart, then land with your feet two shoulders apart and your arms overhead. Finally, jump back to the starting position and repeat.
2. Squat jumps: Place your hands at your sides. Lower into a squat, then jump up as high as you can. Land with your feet separated by shoulder width and immediately lower back into a squat. Repeat the process.
3. Burpees: Start in a standing position, lower into a squat, and place your hands on the ground before you. Next, kick your feet back so that you’re in a plank position, then jump your feet back to the squat position. Next, stand up and jump into the air, then repeat.
4. Tuck jumps: Start in a standing position with your feet two shoulders’ width apart. Next, bend your knees and jump into the air, bringing your knees to your chest. Land with your feet shoulder-width apart and immediately jump again. Do it again.
5. Side-to-side jumps: Begin by standing on your toes and your hands by your sides. Jump to the right, then land on your left foot with your right foot off the ground. Immediately jump to the left, then land on your right foot with your left foot off the ground. Continue jumping side to side.
6. Front-to-back jumps: Start in a standing position with your feet and your arms at your sides. Jump forward, then land on your toes with your heels off the ground. Immediately jump backward, then land on your toes with your heels off the ground. Continue jumping front to back.
7. Cross-body mountain climbers: Start in a plank position with your hands shoulder-width apart and your feet together. Bring your right knee to your left elbow, then jump back to the starting position. Repeat with your left knee and right elbow. Continue alternating sides.
8. Tricep dips: Start by sitting on the edge of a trampoline with your hands at shoulder width and your feet flat on the ground. Next, slide your butt off the trampoline and lower your body until your upper arms are parallel to the ground. Then, push back up to the starting position and repeat.
9. Reverse lunges: Start by standing on your feet and your hands at your sides. Step backward with your right foot, lower into a lunge, and then jump back to the starting position. Repeat with your left leg. Continue alternating sides.
10. Double-leg jumps: Begin by placing your feet together and your arms at your sides. Next, bend your knees and jump into the air, then land softly on the trampoline with your feet at shoulder width. Immediately jump again. Repeat.
Also Read: Benefits of Trampoline Jumping for Adults
Benefits of Trampoline Workouts for Weight Loss
Trampoline workouts are a great way to lose weight because they’re fun, low-impact, and effective. So, how does trampoline help lose weight? Here are some of the benefits of trampoline workouts for weight loss:
1. They’re fun: Trampoline workouts are a great way to get your cardio in without feeling like you’re working out. You can let your hair down when you jump on a trampoline and have some fun.
2. Have low-impact: Trampoline workouts are gentle on your joints, so they’re a great option for people looking for a low-impact workout.
3. Effective Trampoline workouts are a great way to burn calories and lose weight. For example, a 150-pound person can burn approximately 210 calories in 30 minutes of jumping on a trampoline.
4. They’re versatile: You can use a trampoline for various exercises to mix up your workout routine and keep things interesting. If you’re starting, you can start with a slow bounce and gradually increase the intensity as you get more comfortable.
5. Are affordable: Trampolines are relatively affordable, so they’re a great option for people on a budget.
Things to keep in mind when using a Trampoline for Weight Loss
- The bigger the trampoline, the better. A mini trampoline may be easier to store, but you’ll get a better workout on a larger one.
- Get a trampoline with a safety enclosure. This will help prevent injuries if you happen to fall off the trampoline.
- Wear comfortable clothing that you can move around in. breathable fabrics are ideal.
- Make sure to jump in the middle of the trampoline for maximum safety and effectiveness.
- Have a bottle of water handy to stay hydrated while jumping.
- Start slowly and increase the intensity of your workout as you get more comfortable jumping.
Tips for Trampoline Exercise
Here are some tips to help you make the most of your trampoline workouts:
1. Start slowly: If you’re new to exercise or haven’t worked out in a while, start with a few minutes of trampoline exercise and gradually increase your time as you get stronger.
2. Wear proper footwear: Wear shoes that are comfortable and have good support. For example, avoid wearing shoes with open toes or heels.
3. Use caution: Talk to your doctor before starting a trampoline workout if you have any injuries or health conditions.
4. Warm-up: Be sure to warm up before you start your trampoline workout. A simple warm-up could include jumping in place for a minute or two or doing some light stretching.
5. Cooldown: After your workout, cool down with some light stretches or a short walk.
6. Drink plenty of water: Exercise can make you sweat, so drink plenty of fluids before, during, and after your workout.
7. Take breaks: If you start to feel tired, take a break. Don’t push yourself too hard.
8. Have fun: Remember to have fun! Exercise should be something you enjoy, not something you dread.
Trampoline workouts are the best way to get what you want in your heart pumping and burn some calories. Following these tips can make the most of your workout and avoid injury.
Jumping on a trampoline can be a fun and unique way to lose weight; consider different exercises on a trampoline. It contributes to weight loss when done in moderation as part of an overall healthy diet and exercise routine. Not only will you be burning calories, but you’ll also be getting in some light exercise. Just be sure to warm up before you start, wear proper footwear, and take breaks if needed. And most importantly, have fun!
Hopefully, this article has given you some ideas about how to start incorporating more physical activity into your life and jump-start your weight loss journey. That also answers the question of does jumping on a trampoline helps you lose weight. Have you ever tried jumping on a trampoline to lose weight? What was your experience like? Tell us in the comments below.
I have been involved in the world of gymnastics for over 20 years! I started gymnastics when I was 5 years old and excelled in the sport eventually finding a way onto a team where I competed throughout high school and into college. With a passion for gymnastics and specifically Trampolines, I have decided to start a blog TrampolineMag, A trampoline magazine. I will share all the reviews, suggestions, and things I have learned about trampolines to make your trampoline experience fun and safe.