Last Updated on August 30, 2022 by Charlie Nash
Trampoline lights are a great way to make your trampoline more fun and festive, but it can be hard to know where to start or what type of lights will work best. There are so many types of trampoline lights on the market that it can be hard to know which ones are right for you. Not only do you have to worry about the type of light, but also the color, brightness, and placement.
We’ve written this article to help you decide which type of trampoline light is perfect for your needs. We’ll also give you some ideas for DIY trampoline lights that will add some extra pizzazz to your set-up.
- Benefits of Trampoline Lights
- Types of Trampoline Lights
- How to install trampoline lights?
- 9 DIY Trampoline Light Ideas
Benefits of Trampoline Lights
Trampoline lights are not only a great way to add some fun and excitement to your backyard trampoline, but they can also be a great safety feature. If you have young children who use the trampoline, having some lights around the perimeter can help them see where they’re going and avoid any accidents.
- Trampoline lights add an extra level of excitement and fun to your jumping experience: They create an excellent visual effect as you bounce around in the dark, making it feel like you’re floating in space!
- They also help you stay safe by providing illumination in the dark: This way; you can see where you’re going and avoid obstacles or uneven surfaces that could cause you to trip.
- Trampoline lights can help improve your health and well-being: Extra light exposure can help improve your mood and energy levels and may even help reduce stress and burn some calories.
- Trampoline lights can also be a great way to decorate your yard or garden: They add a touch of fun and whimsy and help make your outdoor space more inviting and enjoyable.
- Installation is quick and easy, so you can start using them immediately: Most trampoline lights come with easy-to-follow instructions, so you’ll be up and running in no time.
- Improve the appearance of your trampoline: They can help it stand out from the crowd and make it look more fun and inviting.
- They make an excellent gift for any occasion: Whether it’s a birthday, Christmas, or just because, trampoline lights are sure to please.
Types of Trampoline Lights
There are many different types of lights you can use on your trampoline. However, some prefer to buy premade trampoline light kits with everything you need to start. These kits usually include string lights, mounting hardware, and an adapter for plugging the lights into an outlet.
A few leading trampoline lights are available today: LED lights, fiber-optic lights, and glow sticks. All of these have benefits and drawbacks, so choosing the type that will work best for your needs is essential.
#1. LED Trampoline Lights:
These are the market’s most popular type of trampoline lights. These lights are bright, durable, and long-lasting. They come in various colors so you can choose the perfect set of lights for your trampoline.
These are also waterproof, so they won’t be damaged if they get wet. However, they can be expensive compared to other types of lightbulbs. These lights are energy-efficient, making them an excellent option for people who want to use their lights frequently.
#2. Solar Trampoline Lights:
Solar lights are a great eco-friendly option for people who want to save money on their energy bills. Solar lights collect energy from the sun during the day and use that energy to power the lights at night.
The solar panel is adjustable and waterproof. Also, these lights can turn on automatically when it’s dark and go off when it’s a day. Comes with solar light rope and is very easy to install.
#3. Fiber-Optic Lights:
Fiber-optic cables transmit light through thin glass or plastic fiber strands. This type of lighting is very versatile; you can change the color or pattern of light by switching out the fibers attached to the light source.
However, fiber-optic cables can be fragile and difficult to install correctly. You can attach it to the poles of the trampoline using cable ties.
#4. Battery-Powered Trampoline Lights:
Battery-powered lights are a good option for people who want to use their lights occasionally or for short periods. Battery-powered lights are typically not as bright as LED or solar lights, but they are much easier to set up and take down.
It comes with remote control with different lighting modes and brightness levels. You can adjust according to your needs. Also, these are waterproof and durable for outdoor use.
#5. Glow Sticks:
Glow sticks are cheap and easy to use but don’t last very long. They also tend to be less bright than other types of lighting. But the fun part is you can wear them.
It comes in form of hand or neck bands and glasses etc. So, if you having a gathering or party, we recommend these, because with music and glow sticks jumping become so much fun.
How to install trampoline lights?
There are many different ways to install trampoline lights.
- You can wrap them around the frame.
- Drape them over the netting.
- Hang them from the frame.
- You can also use battery-operated fairy lights or solar lights.
After installation, you can turn on the lights in different ways, such as switching, remote, or timer. You can also use battery-operated fairy lights or solar lights.
Also Read: How to Put a Trampoline Together
9 DIY Trampoline Light Ideas
If you’re feeling a little more creative, you can also opt for DIY trampoline lights. These are a great option if you’re looking to save some money or want to customize your light setup. There are plenty of different ways to DIY your trampoline lights, so we’ve put together a few of our favorite ideas to get you started.
1. Use Christmas lights
One of the simplest and most popular ways to DIY your trampoline lights is to use Christmas lights. You can wrap the lights around the frame of your trampoline or drape them over the safety netting. Just make sure you use lights designed for outdoor use, so they don’t overheat and cause a fire.
2. Hang mason jars from the frame
Mason jars are a popular choice for DIY trampoline lights because they are inexpensive and easy to find. You can use clear jars for a more traditional look, or get creative and use colored jars or even mason jars with patterned paper glued to the inside. Then, use a wire or fishing line to attach the jars to the trampoline frame to hang them.
3. Wrap the frame in fairy lights
Fairy lights are another popular option for trampoline lights. They come in various colors and sizes so you can get creative with this one. You can wrap the lights around the frame, drape them over the netting, or even string them up in the air to create a canopy of lights.
4. Use glow-in-the-dark paint
If you want your trampoline to stand out, you can use glow-in-the-dark paint to create a unique look. You can paint the entire frame or add some accents. This is an excellent option for people who want their trampoline to be visible at night but don’t want to deal with hanging lights.
5. Hang lanterns from the frame
Hanging lanterns from the trampoline frame is a great way to get a softer, more romantic look. You can use traditional lanterns or get creative and use mason jars or even paper bags. Just make sure the lanterns are big enough that they won’t blow away in the wind.
6. String up some globe lights
Globe lights are a great way to add some ambiance to your trampoline. You can string them around the frame or drape them over the netting. They come in various colors so you can get creative with this one.
7. Use LED rope lights
LED rope lights are famous for trampoline lights because they are inexpensive and easy to use. You can wrap them around the frame or drape them over the netting. In addition, they come in various colors, so that you can get creative with this one.
8. Hang solar lights from the frame
Hanging solar lights from the trampoline frame is a great way to get extra light without worrying about cords or batteries. You can find solar lights in various colors and styles to get creative with this one.
9. Use battery-operated fairy lights
Battery-operated fairy lights are a great option if you don’t want to deal with cords or solar panels. You can find them in various colors and styles to get creative with this one.
- Trampoline lights can attract insects, so keeping them away from areas where they might congregate is crucial.
- If you use battery-operated trampoline lights, check the batteries regularly to ensure they are still working correctly.
- Be sure to turn off the trampoline lights when not in use, as they can be a fire hazard if left on for extended periods.
- Be aware that trampoline lights can make the trampoline’s surface slippery, so exercise caution when using them.
- In addition, trampoline lights can add heat to the surface of the trampoline, so it is vital to use them in moderation.
Also Read: Trampoline Safety Rules and Precautions
We want to say that using trampoline lights is a great way to add some extra fun and excitement to your trampoline. As you can see, there are many different ways to light up your trampoline. So get creative and come up with your unique idea.
We’d love to see what you come up with, so share your photos with us on social media. And don’t forget to follow the safety tips to help reduce the risk of injury. Just make sure you take the necessary precautions to stay safe.
I have been involved in the world of gymnastics for over 20 years! I started gymnastics when I was 5 years old and excelled in the sport eventually finding a way onto a team where I competed throughout high school and into college. With a passion for gymnastics and specifically Trampolines, I have decided to start a blog TrampolineMag, A trampoline magazine. I will share all the reviews, suggestions, and things I have learned about trampolines to make your trampoline experience fun and safe.